Thursday, October 27, 2011

Knob and Tube wiring caught on fire.

Dangerous of old wiring




This is a close up picture of what could have been a real tragedy. There was a 1930's knob and tube outlet cut into this base board. If you look closely you can see the square coroners of where the outlet use to be. The wiring to this outlet failed. The outlet started to short out but not enough to trip the circuit breaker. This started a small smoldering fire.





This fire was starting to work its way up the wall space when the owner found it. Luckily for her she had to come across the fire by accident. By the time all the children were gathered and brought outside there was smoke coming out of the roof of this home. The fire department was able to stop the fire before it spread anywhere else. 

Still the water damage from the fire started by one outlet on a closet wall was extensive. After the fire department left three floors of this house had major water damage from the fire hoses. 

KNOB AND TUBE WIRING SHOULD TO BE REPLACE WHEN EVER IT CAN.

Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments:

Post a Comment