Friday, June 5, 2009

I want to run power to my future guest house

DSC_0648Image by AZBump via Flickr
I want to run power to my future guest house, shop and pool. I have what i think is a 800 amp disconnect(is that possible) at the meter pole about 330 feet away from my 200 amp sub panel outside my garage. how should i run the power? do i need to increase my ampacity at the main disconnect or can i tie into the sub panel outside my garage. this is in texas by the way. thanks for your time.

Hi Murry,

The first thing you need to do is contact an electrician. This is not a project you should take on yourself. 800 amp is the size service that would be on a multi-unit apartment building here in Philadelphia but I heard everything is bigger in Texas. You should not need any more ampacity. You will probably only need to add a 100-200 amp disconnect and a sub-panel at your new location.
Enhanced by Zemanta


  1. I have perused your blog it is exceptionally useful for me. I need to express profound gratitude to you. I have bookmark your site for future updates.
    Electricians Prescott AZ

  2. I have a suggestion that we can make guest house more comfortabe with bestway power steel 16 foot x 10 foot x 42 inch oval frame pool set and makes your guest happy.

  3. Thanks for the nice blog. It was very useful for me. I'm happy I found this blog. Thank you for sharing with us,I too always learn something new from your post. Solar panel

  4. You ought to basically fantastic not to mention solid advice, which means notice: used phones

  5. I genuinely adore how it is simple on my eyes it is. I am thinking about how I may be advised at whatever point another post has been made..

  6. The website is looking bit flashy and it catches the visitors eyes. Design is pretty simple and a good user friendly interface. landscape light