Monday, May 18, 2009

Subject: electrical boxes

Name: chris

Question: I was wondering if I can switch a fifty amp double breaker into two twenty amp breakers? I am looking to add the two new lines to refrigators. The fifty amp was from a range but we swicted to gas, the line is no longer in place but the breaker is still there.

Answer: Hi Chris,

You can get rid of that 50 amp double pole breaker and replace it with 2 20 amp single pole breakers for two new circuits.

No comments:

Post a Comment