Saturday, March 14, 2009

Subject: sub panel feeder

Name: John

Question: I would like to add a 100 amp, 240 volt subpanel to my new garage. I have buried a 2 inch plastic conduit, schedule 40, between the house and the garage. What type of wire should I use for this application? The run is about 100 feet. Thank you, John

Answer: Hi John,Go to your local supply house or home center and ask for 100 amp SER. That is a special wire made to feed subpanels. It has in it 2 hots, 1 neutral and 1 ground wire all size for a 100 amp sub-panel. Please when your done with this work have an electrician inspect you installation. This is not they type of a project a home owner should be doing on their own.

No comments:

Post a Comment