Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Subject: Switch

Name: Jaye

Question: I want to replace an older light switch with a newer one. The old switch has two wires coming in to the top. One is white and the other is red. On the side is another red wire. What kind of switch do I need to buy and how would I connect the wires? Thank you very much for you help!

Answer: Hi Jay,Take the switch out and mark all the wire. If it has two wires connection points it is a single pole switch. If it has three wire connection points it is a three way switch. If it has four wire connection points it is a four way switch. It goes back in the same way it came out so mark your wires.

No comments:

Post a Comment